How do you get out of this predicament? For my 16 day trip to central vietnam I challenged myself to bring 4 tops and 4 bottoms only – and it (sort of) worked. What is this method?
Basic top x Basic/print bottoms
The rule to this formular:
- Tops have to be white/black/neutral colour, cutting doesn’t matter
- Bottoms can be basic or printed
It can be the other way around, but I personally find it easier to have versatile top.
X tops x Y bottoms = XY numbers of Outfit
What I brought with me to Vietnam:
- White off should top
- Black short-sleeves crop top – the one I wore is from Brandy Melville
- Mint green tank top – I made the one I wore, but there are plenty similar options.
- Racer-back white camisole – if you want a more budget choice, Grana does some good camisoles.
- Printed shorts – I got mine from H&M and they have a lot of choices in the summer.
- Denim cut-offs – Levis cut offs will never get out of style
- Floral mini skirt – I got this in Portobello Vintage market
- Printed midi skirt – this skirt I got from Monki
[huge_it_gallery id=”3 “] You can adjust the formula depending on the number of days you are travelling. Planning your outfits ahead of time and committing only to the combinations available is the best way to pack as little as you can and make sure that you’ll wear them all!