- Metelkova – see the other side of Ljubljana
- 9 things to do in Ljubljana Slovenia
- Let’s get sporty in Bled
- The Ultimate Guide to Bled
- A summer day hike – Mount Vogel
- Lake Bohinj – spots and sports
- Cycling in Bohinj – chasing waterfalls
- Bohinj Summer Mobility Card and how to get around Bohinj
- Best viewpoints for Lake Bled
- A guide to Lake Bohinj’s towns, attractions, and transport
Metelkova might not have much to do with the history and culture of Ljubljana, however, it is well known for its alternative art scene. Sprawling over 12,500 m2, it was squatted (yes, no joke) since September 1993 and became an autonomous social center; with its former life was the Yugoslav National Army Headquarter.
Get a free Ljubljana Map for your trip here!
During the day, not much else goes on in this region. At night, it is transformed into a hub where art galleries, live music, and parties go on. Not exactly a party type, I opted, instead, to visit during day times with my friends to admire the art work. And we were not disappointed with the inventive, alternative, unique and quirky place that is essentially an open art gallery. It is useless to try and tell it in words, so here’s some photos to the chaotic madness of art in Metelkova: